What is Corona Virus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is the most recent virus outbreak that has majorly affected the lives of people from all over the world. It can outbreak everyone who is infected with it and even those who are not. It was first found in China in the year 2019, In March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a pandemic for the whole world.
The current COVID-19 crisis is impacting everyone’s lives, No one can go out to the movies, see their friends, and in some cases no one can’t even leave our homes. At the moment, no-one knows how long this will last; we just need to take it day by day. It is important to remember that this won’t last forever.
Causes and Symptoms of Corona Virus
According to research by WHO it was confirmed that it spreads from person to person who are having close contact. COVID-19 spreads by respiratory system released when someone infected with the virus coughs, sneezes or talks. Most people who are infected with the COVID-19 virus experience respiratory illness. People with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease and older people are more likely to develop serious illness and other people who are infected with COVID-19 recover without requiring special treatment.
Some problems in their respiratory system, fever, cough, headache, decreased sense of smell or taste, shortness of breath, chest pain are the mild symptoms for COVID-19. Symptoms may appear in 2 to 14 days after close contact with a patient or after exposure. Nowadays without any symptoms people have COVID-19.
What can we do to avoid infected in Coronavirus?
- Avoid mass gathering and close contact to people. Isolate yourself as much as possible from others in your home. Stay home stay safe.
- Wear a mask when you are in a public area. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Always make sure that we and people around us follow good respiratory hygiene. When you cough or sneeze, always cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue. Throw away the used tissue.
- If possible try to avoid taking public transport.
- Keep updated about COVID-19 from WHO, local and national health authorities.